23 August 2007

Still no apartment

This is starting to make me really anxious. The other day I sent out about 30 emails to prospective apartments and only got one answer back — and that was to say that the apartment was no longer available. Ack!

Apparently nothing gets done in France while people are on holiday for the month of August, then it's a mad scramble for apartments come September. This is bad news for me because I'll still be in Canada at the beginning of September and unable to line up to view apartments or to meet roommates in person. I decided that desperate times call for desperate measures and contacted the religious gay about his apartment and he hasn't gotten back to me. I also contacted the first-bedroom-through-the-second-bedroom guy and he hasn't gotten back to me either. Then a ray of hope appeared when one of my friends in Paris said her coworker was looking for a roommate – but then when I spoke to her on the phone, she had said that her situation had changed and she wouldn't be looking until later in October. Le blah. The search continues at frenetic pace.

In the interests of taking my mind off more serious and pressing matters, here are two Youtubes about one of my favourite topics: The People's Republic of China!


Loves it! My favourite English names that I came across when I lived there were "Cinderella" and a boy called "Apples."


Ha-ha! It's funny 'cause it's true. Spongebob is both educational and hilarious.

6 comments:

Tokyo Tintin said...

Oh, I'm also taking the ROM Crystal off notice. It's grown on me and I kind of like it now. It's weird-looking, which is always fun.

Miss Ash said...

How do you always find such humourous/bizzare videos?

You could always find some dirty old man to put you up until the apartment is free in October.

Jennifer said...

The Crystal, seriously? I still think it sucks.

Tokyo Tintin said...

Ash- Whoring myself is starting to look more and more like a viable option.

Jenni- Yeah, I'm a convert on the Crystal. Come over to the dark side.

Tokyo Tintin said...

Got an offer for a studio apartment last night by the way, 550€. The rental guy said it was "miniscule," so I asked him how many square meters aprox and that I'd lived in Tokyo for years, so I didn't mind small apartments. His answer was that "square meters are irrelevant" and mentioned a bunk bed. Hmmn, not getting a good feeling from that, but am trying to judge my level of desperation in relation to how choosy I can be.

Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

My friend Selena's moving to Paris and has a good website for apartments (she's lived there before). She'd also like to talk to you re: translating school, and is awesome. You should be friends. Email me on it.